Sunday 9 March 2014

Fever Dreams

As my last post suggests, I have suffered an extremely nasty bout of illness. Bronchitis, no less. For some weeks, I was unable to do pretty much anything; writing, planning future projects, exercise, and in fact anything besides playing Skyrim, proved to be beyond me.

Thankfully, my strength is now returning. I managed to do a decent workout today, and am now chomping at the bit ready to make up for lost time with my writing.

The only tiny positive I can take from the last two weeks, it is that in my fevered state I had a number of remarkably vivid dreams; far more vivid than I would normally have in a healthy state. A few of them were quite pleasant, but some were disturbing; unbelievably disturbing, and so vivid that for some time after waking, I had to keep telling myself that the events in the dream never really happened.

Of course, for someone that writes twisted, scary stories such dreams were a gift from whatever Gods administer nightmares, and at least one is going to form the basis of an upcoming story.

And thinking about that last paragraph, there's an interesting concept: a God of Nightmares gleefully spreading fear amongst the vulnerable legions of sleepy mortals...

I think perhaps we may meet him or her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment