Monday 27 January 2014

Thoughts on James Herbert's 'Fluke' and my latest horror poll

Please check out my latest horror movie poll. Stephen King, one of the masters of modern horror, has seen his works adapted for the big screen many times, but which is your favourite?

By his own admission, films of his stories have been a mixed bag; from the sublime example of Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' to the truly dreadful 'Dreamcatcher' and everything in between.

On another note, I was going through my bookshelf the other day and came across James Herbert's incredible tale of reincarnation, 'Fluke'. Such an interesting and moving novel, it deserves to be a lot more well known than it is. I would love to see an animated film adaptation in the gritty style of 'Watership Down', or the truly horrific 'Plague Dogs'.

No comments:

Post a Comment